Is your digital TV not picking up channels? Don’t worry just give a couple of minutes to read this guide and you will get the best easy solution to it. We have mentioned all possible reasons for digital TV not picking up channels in Australia along with their solution.
TV is the most adopted option to relax at home when you are free. But this could be the worst thing ever if your TV is not picking any channel signals. In Australia, it’s one of the common issues faced by many homeowners like you.
Digital TV Not Picking Up Channels Australia
A TV failing to pick up broadcasting channel singles is not an issue to take very seriously. You can easily manage it by taking a few precautions and applying some of the tricks. Let’s identify some of the common reasons for Digital TV not picking up channels Australia matter and troubleshoot them.
Common Reasons For Digital TV Not Picking Up Channels in Australia
A TV in your home drawing can lose signals due to any of the following reasons;
- Faulty Antenna or wrong direction
- Damaged Cabling connection
- Outdated Firmware (Misuse or Product fault)
- Disabled Auto program Feature
- Weak Signals
1. Faulty Antenna:
The faulty antenna or wring direction of the antenna is the first reason for Digital TV not picking up channels at your home or office. The antenna is a small signal transmission gadget that is used to receive the channels signals over the satellite or local broadcasting mechanism. If the TV antenna is malfunctioning it means it is not picking any signal and your screen will be continuously showing no signal notification.
The alignment of an antenna with UHF aerial direction is another reason for Digital TV not picking up channels. The direction of the antenna must be facing the signal tower for a reliable connection. All over the air antennas must be placed on your roof for a better signal catch.
Hot weather is another reason that affects the working of a TV antenna. The hard weather conditions are the known cause of corrosion which ultimately leads to the technical fault in the antenna. This is 100% out of human control.
2. Damaged Cabling (Cable Fault):
You need to check whether your cable is properly inserted into the TV and Antenna or not as it is another reason for Digital TV not picking up channels. Besides the loose cabling connection, the damaged cable can also ruin your amazing TV session.
The cable used for channeling signals connection between TV and antenna is Coaxial cable. The TV broadcasting channels’ quality, signal reliability, and even singles strength are dependent on the quality of the coaxial cable.
3. Product Fault (Outdated Firmware)
All electronics devices have exposed to risk. Digital TV not picking up channels could be the reason that your product is faulty. You can ask the manufacturer to check the singles issues maybe the device software needs to update. If you have recently purchased a TV antenna device then the manufacturer can replace it free. The TV antenna must for checked if you are facing the issue regularly.
4. Disabled Auto Program Feature
If the singles cable is directly inserted into the TV over the air then the option of auto-searching for newly available channels will be disabled will result in the Digital TV not picking up channels.
5. Weak Signals
The weak signals can also cause the missing TV channels. Sings could be weak due to an insecure coaxial cable connection.
Recommended Solving the Digital TV Not Picking Up channels Problem
What to do when TV is showing no single message on a lot every number? There are many simple approaches by following them you cannot only fix the TV antenna missing singles issue but can also save a few bucks. So what are you waiting for go through the following provided points and get the right solution to your TV channel single drooping issue?
1. Adjusting the antenna Directions
Adjust the direction of your UHF antenna towards the signal tower. The correct alignment of the UHF aerial and tower will help to establish the transmission of a smooth signal by propagating the required channels on your digital Television.
2. Using Good Quality Antenna and Cable
Using a quality antenna device and fine class coaxial cable can also serve the purpose. An antenna is meant to be placed on your roof exposed to sunlight, rain, snow, etc. every weather condition. It is, therefore, the durable and good quality expensive antenna should be used that would not disappoint you performing in weather.
The same is the case with cable quality. The damaged cable means that the signals transmission medium is exposed to the outer environment and noise/distortion is the ultimate result. The cable should be properly placed, it should be laminated with tough material, and should be of good quality.
4. Reactivation of Setup Feature
If the signals coaxial cable is directly inserted into the television then the option for the setup should be re-activated. Enabling this option will enable the TV to re-scan the available channels by automatically tuning them. The feature is specifically called the Auto Program.
In case the cable is inserted through a box satellite receives then there will be no need to enable the auto program feature.
5. Strengthening the Signals
You can improve the signal strength using the signal splitter that will enroot each signal through a different secure path. Pointing the antenna direction directly to the tower signals is also necessary to improve the signal eminence.
6. Using Distribution Amplifier
The distribution amplifier is used to improve the single quality and singles strength. It’s a small gadget this sold separately with the TV antenna. You can visit your nearest electronics store to get it. The amplified not only improve the single quality but also enhances the range too.
7. Securing the Connection with TV
Make sure the connection directly with the back of the TV or through the box or satellite receiver is secure, the singles loss here, or influential noise could cause you the bad TV channels quality. You can contact the service provided for the securing connection.
08 Tips to Help You out of Digital TV Not Picking Up Channels Australia Problem
The following proven tips and tricks will help you to come out of Digital TV not picking up channels without requiring an additional tool. Let’s quickly go through them;
- Make sure the Antenna is properly plugged into the TV, Box, or satellite receiver. If your cable joint is left lost due to your pet i.e. dog or a cat then you are more likely to face no singles or weak singles giving unclear transmissions.
- Checking with the list of channels that are allowed in your area, maybe you are looking for a channel that is not available in your area. That is why you might see the message TV is not able to find any channels. It is suggested to once scan (Tune) the television cable connection so that the system can automatically list down the channels you can get.
- Searching the Channels manually is an alternative to the auto scan. You can directly access channels by entering their frequency. The manual scan will work differently for the same reason to bring down a list of all available channels on your Digital Smart Television.
- TV Restart is simple and is very helpful if your digital TV not picking up channels in Australia. Restarting the TV will erase all settings and configuration to the default. You can reset your TV by doing the following;
- Turn off your TV from the remote control
- Once the TV is turned OFF, unplug the power supply and wait for at least two minutes
- After that, plug the TV back and power ON it. (Here at this point, auto channel scanning will be more effective)
- If the issue persists, resetting the Cable Box would be the solution to fix the digital TV not picking up channels issue. You can reset it simply by reconnecting it with the power source. There are chances of glitches in the cable box that can be fixed by resetting it.
- Testing Tuner, unplugging the channel cable, and plugging it into another TV will evaluate the exact issue. The proper functioning of your TV Tuners is very important if you want to access all available channels.
- Perfect Functioning of Coaxial cable, make sure that the connection cable is not faulty
- Antenna Alignment must be in the director toward your broadcasting tower. So set your antenna well direction.
If you are still wondering, you can watch this video for help.
We will be back with some new information soon, happy to watch.